Starkville Dog Park
Our dog park is located within the parameters of Moncrief Park. Overlooked by the pool, the dog place is the perfect place to enjoy the sun and shade with your furry friend.
All guests are expected to adhere to the rules posted at and around the dog park. Failure to do so will result in removal from our premises.
- The dog park closes at sunset daily.
- Per City of Starkville Ordinance (Sec. 18-27), all dogs and cats above three months of age shall be vaccinated for rabies.
- Per City of Starkville Ordinance (Sec. 18-27), animals should be under the control of a competent person.
- Per City of Starkville Ordinance (Sec. 18-27), all dogs shall be registered annually with the city.
- No animals other than dogs shall be brought into the fenced area.
- All dogs must be leashed until safely inside of the dog park and returned to the leash before exiting.
- Dog owners must remain in the fenced areas while their dogs use the dog park.
- Owners must be in view of their dogs and always have voice control.
- Children accompanying dog owners must be strictly supervised and at least 12 years of old to be allowed inside.
- Aggressive dogs, including female dogs in heat, are not permitted in the dog park.
- Owners must immediately leash and remove dogs from the dog park at the first sign of aggressive behavior.
- Sick dogs are not allowed in the dog park.
- Owners must properly dispose of waste in the designated on-site containers.
- Small bite-sized training treats are permitted. Food in bowls, long-lasting chews, and glass containers are not allowed.
- Smoking and eating are not permitted inside dog park.
- No more than three dogs per person are allowed on a single visit.
- Puppies younger than four months old are not allowed.
- Dogs must be licensed and vaccinated for DHLPP.
- All dog bites are to be reported to the Animal Control Bureau. In addition, owners must assist in investigating incidents of aggression or biting by providing the appropriate identification and information to the offices and other dog owners involved with the incident during the investigation.
- Owners are liable for any injury or damage caused by their dog and are fully responsible for their dog's actions.
- Failure to clean up after your dog will result in removal from the park.
- Use of the dog park is at your own risk. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
All parks owned and managed by Starkville Parks & Recreation are subject to video surveillance.